WISLI Tuition Scholarship
WISLI Tuition Scholarships cover full payment of tuition for language study at APTLII, CESSI, SASLI, SEASSI, or SIPI in summer 2019. For more details and to apply, go to the WISLI Tuition Scholarship page.
Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships
Visit flas.wisc.edu or your home institute FLAS office regarding FLAS summer fellowships.
The IRIS National Resource Center has opened a second FLAS competition for Summer 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, May 5, 2019.
Summer Language Institutes Funding Pages
- Arabic, Persian, and Turkish Language Institute (APTLI)
- Central Eurasian Studies Summer Institute (CESSI)
- South Asia Summer Language Institute (SASLI)
- Southeast Asian Studies Summer Institute (SEASSI)
- Summer Intensive Portuguese Institute (SIPI)
UW-Madison Summer Term
Visit the UW-Madison Summer Term website for information on scholarship opportunities, including:
- UW-Madison Undergraduate Scholarship for Summer Study (available to UW-Madison undergraduate degree-seeking students)
- Summer Housing Boost (available to both UW-Madison students and visiting students)
Other Resources for Funding
Below is a list of databases that students can search on an individual basis in order to find funding opportunities that would best fit their situation.
- Pivot: Offers several databases for approximately 25,000 private and federal funding sources. Grants in the non-science areas are included. (Note: You must set up a personal login account using a wisc.edu email – free to UW-Madison clientele – through the COS Workbench feature for some of the COS Pivot services, however, a login is not necessary to use the database.)
The following Research Guides provide information on potential funding opportunities for
- Undergraduate study, and undergraduate study at UW-Madison.
- Graduate study.
- International students.
- Resources for those who are not currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program.
Students are also encouraged to check with their home departments and their campus financial aid office for help in identifying other funding opportunities.