The Institute for Regional and International Studies (IRIS) is a National Resource Center (NRC) for international, global, and transregional Studies funded by the U.S. Department of Education. IRIS NRC is located within the International Division. The IRIS is seeking an Assistant Director to work full time under the general supervision of the IRIS NRC Associate Director.
The position’s principal duties include:
- Develop and manage face-to-face, fully online, and hybrid online/in-person outreach workshops, conferences, lectures, and other activities for constituents in K-16 education, alumni, community groups, business, government, and the media
- Create and develop content for online publicity materials related to programming (Eventbrite registrations, electronic flyers, website event postings) and create targeted messaging to maintain communications with constituents
- Support multimedia production, including recording and uploading video and audio recordings
- Write, compile, edit, design, and distribute an e-newsletter to interested faculty, staff, students, and community members
- Collect, compile, and manage data and produce data and outreach records for regular reporting, grant proposal documents, and for grant management
- Create and oversee the development of a marketing and branding strategy
- Train and supervise student employees on outreach, communications, and other projects as needed.
- Produce and edit original written and multimedia web and social media content and perform ongoing web site maintenance, and oversee social media content entered by student employees
- Financial responsibilities-ordering of books, communication with financial specialists, creation of TEMS records for speakers and moderators, maintenance of records for purchasing card and budget management
- Develop and maintain relationships with unit, campus, and external partners to create relevant programming
- Serve as a representative for IRIS NRC at local, state, and national conventions to promote program offerings and establish collaborative efforts.
- Comply with UW-Madison, UW System, state, and local guidance when budgeting for and implementing outreach initiatives
- Help advance IRIS NRCs mission of fostering inclusion and diversity in the internationalization of education statewide
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by Associate Director or Faculty Director
Please apply via the UW Madison job website: Assistant Director, IRIS NRC
Applications are due November 13th! Please contact Kristine Schutte for more information or questions.