Job Opportunity: Assistant Director–Center for Russia, East Europe, and Central Asia
Official Title: Associate Admin Program Specialist
Application deadline: July 24, 2019
Degree and area of specialization: Bachelor’s degree in international area studies, Russian, East European, and Central Asian area studies, or a related field required. MA preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated success planning and managing large events.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information and excellent professional judgement.
- Superior professional English writing skills.
- Computer proficiency, experience working with databases and spreadsheets and relevant software such as Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Drive; experience with WordPress strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people such as faculty, students, staff, international visitors, and the public.
- Minimum one-year prior experience working in an administrative capacity; experience in higher education administration preferred.
- Overseas life experience, research, or study abroad experience in Russia, Eastern and Central Europe, and/or Central Eurasia highly desirable.
- Skills in a Slavic or Central Eurasian language highly desirable.
Working under the general supervision of the CREECA Associate Director, and with team members in CREECA and the Institute for International and Regional Studies (IRIS), the Assistant Director will manage several administrative activities for CREECA, including:
- Coordination of Central Eurasian Studies Summer Institute (CESSI)
- Recruitment, advising, and alumni engagement
- Office administration, data gathering, and records management
The full announcement, including information on how to apply is available at: